Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Great Pumpkin

Fall officially gets underway on Friday, September 23, but according to grocery stores, autumn is already here! While some farmers are warning of a pumpkin shortage this year, food manufacturers are gearing up with new, limited edition pumpkin items to ring in this cool and colorful season.

Nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger – pumpkin pie spices that scream fall and can be found in your favorite seasonal products this time of year. Just ask Kellogg's! The company recently introduced Frosted Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts, the perfect single serving of one of fall's most popular pastries.

Little Debbie couldn't let the season arrive without its version of a quintessential autumn treat. The snack maker's Pumpkin Muffins are a welcome addition to the company's standard muffin lineup.

Looking for a chilly choice on warm Indian summer nights? Try Edy's Slow Churned pumpkin-flavored ice cream. The taste of fall come alive in this creamy concoction, worthy of a break from raking.

Thanks to both Nestlé's Coffee-mate and International Delight, watch the leaves fall every morning as you enjoy a splash of pumpkin pie creamer in your coffee.

Of course, if you're out and about, stop at one of the many eateries offering the flavor of the season. Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte is always a crowd favorite, with customers waiting all year for the beverage of the season.

Just a few more weeks until we know if Dairy Queen will offer its annual Pumpkin Pie Blizzard.

Jamba Juice, on the other hand, has already announced the comeback of its Pumpkin Smash Smoothie.

What pumpkin-flavored foods do you look forward to this time of year? Drop me a line and tell me all about your favorite seasonal treats!

8 comments:

  1. I have to have those pop tarts. I like anything with pumpkin in it. Love that pumpkin spiced latte at Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm hmmm! Pumpkin Spice Lattes are my favorite! I made pumpkin bread last week and I'm getting ready to make pumpkin cupcakes this weekend. I love this time of year! Thanks for weighing in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to Target like 6 days out of the past 10 looking for the Pumpkin Pie Poptarts; last year, I bought only one box, and, when I went back, they were gone---FOR THE YEAR!!! Any hints on when these BAD BOYS will be on the shelf??????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Pittsburgh, and the Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts are here in full force at grocery stores and Target. Looks like they are available through October or when supplies run out, so hopefully, you'll be able to pick up a case when you do find them. Good luck, and don't by shy--contact Kellogg's (http://www2.kelloggs.com/ContactUs.aspx) and let them know you'd love to find more Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! My name is Lori, and I am a pumpkinaholic! I've already had two slices of pumpkin pie, the Pumpkin Smash at Jamba Juice, the Pumpkin Pie Shake at Sonic and the Pumpkin Latte at Starbucks! I've still got to buy the pumpkin waffle & pancake mix from Trader Joe's and try the pumpkin latte at Coffee Bean & have the pumpkin ravioli from my favorite local Italian restaurant and now, I have to check out all these products you blogged about! I'm going to turn into a pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No worries, Lori...orange is your color! Did you see Eggo makes seasonal pumpkin spice waffles, too? I had no idea Sonic had a pumpkin pie shake. I am putting it on the list for this weekend! I also tried harvest pumpkin sauce at my local grocery store, and it's amazing! Who doesn't love this time of year?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try the Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream. It's to die for.

    ReplyDelete