Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Love It or Hate It

I admit it. I'm a hater. When it comes to Miracle Whip, I am not a fan. The brains behind this product, though, think this is okay; apparently, you either love or hate this creamy condiment that's not mayonnaise, but rather a salad dressing and sandwich spread. It's such a controversial topic that the brand wants consumers to take a stand and become a part of the debate.

Miracle Whip is currently running a unique and innovative advertising and social media campaign, encouraging fans to confess their love for the item. Or, if they absolutely hate the product, say so! And, for those who haven't tried Miracle Whip yet, Kraft Foods is offering a free sample of the loud and tangy topping. The brand readily admits its product is not for everyone.




Watch all of the commercials for the "Are You Miracle Whip?" campaign to get both sides of the argument on YouTube.

So where do stand? Are you a lover or a hater? More importantly, what advertising campaigns have you seen for food and beverage consumer packaged goods that have gone out on a limb like this? Pretty creative in my opinion!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge Miracle Whip fan, although I have eaten it, because we had it in the house (Mom loves it). I think if you have a little tomato (acid), it cuts the sweetness.

    But I love the ad campaign! And I really love what they are doing with the Vegas brides. So original :)

    So happy to find your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments! I definitely think this campaign deserves recognition; it's creative and original, and I like the way the company is using social media to promote its product.

    ReplyDelete