Friday, May 28, 2010

Here Comes Summer

Monday is Memorial Day, which means summer is just around the corner. For me, summer means picnics, cookouts, barbecues, and bonfires, and all the yummy goodness that goes along with such outings. Certain foods scream summer, and here are the ones I'm looking forward to once again this season.

A favorite hot weather treat that takes me back to childhood is the Firecracker. The red, white, and blue popsicles help to alleviate the heat and humidity of June, July, and August days.

There is nothing like a steak fresh from the grill. My husband spices up sirloin with McCormick's Garlic Pepper Seasoning Grinder, which adds just the right amount of seasoning on a hot summer's night.

Several years ago, a friend introduced me to the wonders of salt and pepper potato chips at a company picnic. I was instantly hooked and now associate the chips with a cool summer breeze.

No summer is complete without s'mores. The roasted marshmallow, melted chocolate, graham cracker combo is the perfect end to an evening around the campfire.

What are your favorite foods to eat in the summer? Take a moment out of your long weekend to tell me about your summer snack preferences!

1 comment:

  1. The salt and pepper chips are clutch!

    Also, when I grill out, I like to use the Montreal Spicy Steak Seasoning, really brings out the flavor of the meat (especially if you use charcoal).

    And of course- a stacked cooler of Yuengling.

    Aw yea.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete