Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Grooms Get Creative

Seven years ago today, my husband and I exchanged our rings and our "I do's." The day was perfect. The ceremony was flawless, my dress was dazzling, the flowers were gorgeous, the music was exceptional, the weather was superb, and the reception was downright enjoyable. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing, especially my favorite part – the cake.

I ordered my cake from a local bakery, and have seen many cakes since my big day that pale in comparison to the cake I chose for my wedding. However, one thing that I did not have at my wedding was a groom's cake. While these cakes are quite popular in the south, the trend has been catching on across the country in the past few years, and more and more grooms have been getting creative, designing cakes that express their personality, interests, or hobbies.

These cakes don't have to be expensive, though. A Little Debbie fan constructed a cake of his favorite childhood treat for his wedding and posted this photo to the company's Facebook page.

Hostess, makers of snack cakes like Twinkies and Ho Hos, are encouraging couples to use its products to celebrate their start as husband and wife. In addition to groom's cakes, and wedding cakes, Hostess has ideas on its website for inventive favors.

If candy better fits the personality of the bride and groom, companies like Pamcakes can turn towering tiers of sweets into a layered "cake."

When it comes to cake, I say the more, the merrier. Bring on the groom's cake at all weddings!

What's the most creative groom's cake you've seen? Leave your thoughts, photos, and links in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment